ElementalUK Watersports Instructor Course 2023
ElementalUK Trainee Watersports Instructor Course 2023
Our 8-week Trainee Instructor Course is designed to give those with little or no experience the training and qualifications needed to teach and guide clients in the watersports industry and to operate confidently on the water.
ElementalUK is based on Swanpool Beach, Falmouth. Falmouth is a small university town on the south coast of Cornwall. Thousands of visitors flock here each year wanting to explore the Cornish coastline and all it has to offer. And what better way to do that than via the water? ElementalUK offers all types of water-based activities to families, school groups and young professionals, from adrenaline-fuelled coasteering to serene paddleboarding, and our centre is one of the busiest in the peak of the summer season.This makes it the ideal place to kick-start your career in watersports.
This course will help you obtain the following qualifications:
BCU Paddlesport Instructor
RLSS Beach Lifeguard
RYA Powerboat Level 2
RYA First Aid
Basic Safeguarding Certificate
Alongside this, we aim to get you on the water every day, five days a week. You will receive intensive training to improve your skills via our tailor-made course and ensure you are confident enough to paddle longer trips even if you have little to no previous paddling experience.
On completion of the course, and depending on the qualifications you have gained, we will discuss employment with you for the summer season at ElementalUK. We will also mentor you in your watersports career by offering advice on how you can progress effectively as an instructor and gain as much experience as possible.
You will also be invited to take part in ElementalUK’s start-of-season staff training to show you how the centre sets up for the season ahead. This will give you a valuable insight into the industry from an operational perspective.
Achieving these qualifications is dependent on your effort and engagement with the course - attendance alone does not guarantee a pass although, to date, we have a 100% success rate.
- Due to the age restrictions on some of the courses, you will need to be aged over 16.
- As the course is a physically demanding, it’s highly advised that you start cardio training in preparation for the Beach Lifeguard section. You will need to swim 400m in 7.5 minutes to pass the course.
- The course will run from February 27th until April 10th over 8 weeks.
- The cost of the course is £3,000 payable in advance. We are happy to advise you about any governing body membership fees that you will need to pay in order to keep your qualifications up-to-date.
- The course is limited to 12 places so be quick with your application
Email [email protected] to be sent an application form as soon as possible and let’s have a chat!