ELEMENTAL UK POLICY ON WORKING WITH YOUNG PEOPLE
Elemental UK staff are all required to have read and understood the centres child protection policy.
Staff are reminded not to:
- Befriend a young person.
- Find themselves alone with a young person under any circumstance
All staff are however in a professional capacity to ensure all young people are having fun and doing so in a safe environment.
Young people are unlikely to disclose major personal details/problems purely as the environment does not lend itself to such personal expression.
Elemental UK staff are advised in the unlikely event of young person about to disclose personal issues:
- To state their position in that anything that is told to you will not under any circumstance be kept a secret. It will be passed onto the centre Manager to deal with as deemed appropriate.
- They can then offer them the support of either coming with them to their teacher (the staff having told the centre manager first) or give them a Child Support Number to call.
ALL DISCUSSIONS OF THIS NATURE WILL BE PASSED ON AND DOCUMENTED WITH THE CENTRE MANAGER.
STAFF ARE ADVISED:
- not to give out personal details under any circumstances to a young person
- not discuss details of a personal nature with parents
IMPORTANT SUPPORT NUMBERS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
Anti-Bullying Campaign : 020 7378 1446 (10:00am to 4:00pm, Mon-Fri)
Careers : (01903) 205612 see also careers office
Childline : 0800 11 11 or 020 7239 1000 : website : www.childline.co.uk
or by post : Childline, Freepost 1111, London N1
Citizens Advice : (01903) 231972 see also Citizens Advice Bureau
Crimestoppers : 0800 555111
Homeless : (01903) 219499
Message home : A confidential helpline for those who have left home or run away to send a message home and/or get advice and help.
Freephone : 0800 700 740, 24hours a day, 7 days a week
Rape Crisis Centre : (01273) 203773
Saneline : 12:00noon – 2:00am : 08457 678 000
The Samaritans : national 08457 90 90 90
textphone 08457 90 91 92 (for the deaf, hard of hearing & speech impaired)
Websites : www.samaritans.org.uk : www.samaritans.org.uk/~brighton
or e-mail : email@example.com
West Sussex Mental Healthline : 0845 300 2727 see also mental health
Youth 2 Youth : Confidential e-mail and helpline support and info on any issue run for and by young people.
Tel : 0208 896 3675 or e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org